Learn more about the history of Biolage, our mission & values today, and our continuous commitment to healthy hair and sustainability.
Where It Started
In 1990, when Arnie Miller saw that nature could be harnessed to protect and nourish hair, he launched Biolage. It was a pioneering salon brand not only using botanical ingredients, but believing in the power of nature for the wellbeing of stylists and clients. The products truly delivered, providing beautiful results while being gentle on hair. Biolage thrilled stylists all over the world.
Today, Biolage is recognized worldwide as a leader in the professional haircare field, and that reputation continues to grow. We believe this is because Biolage is constantly improving—taking haircare to new levels by offering high-performance, professional-quality products powered by botanicals.
- ELEVATE the professional beauty industry through innovations in high performing, clean, natural and sustainable formulas and packaging.
- CREATE memorable salon experiences and stunning hair results.
- EDUCATE hairstylists and consumers on sustainable beauty practices.
GOOD FOR YOU.
GOOD FOR YOUR HAIR.
GOOD FOR THE PLANET.
Committed To Healthy Hair
- THE INGREDIENTS: Each natural ingredient is chosen consciously, and rivals the performance of most synthetic ingredients on the market.
- PERFORMANCE: We strive to transform hair to its healthiest state, because to us natural means professional results.
- FOR EVERY HAIR NEED: The catalogue provides an assortment of solutions that solve hair issues from itchy scalp to the most porous ends, for always-healthy hair with movement and shine.
Together We Can Make Beauty SustainableProducing Sustainably
Our primary manufacturing facility is making constant efforts to minimize its impact. It has reduced its waste & water consumption per unit by approximately 61% and 53% respectively, since 2005.Innovating Sustainably
We use a process called lightweighting to minimize the plastic used in our bottles. Up to 40% of the plastic used is post-consumer recycled (PCR), and we are consistently pushing to improve this.Developing Sustainably
We are committed to minimizing the environmental impact of our industry by helping salons to implement sustainable practices.