New Hydra Source Blow Dry Shaping Lotion is the perfect first step to every style. Applied on damp hair, this heat protectant adds lightweight moisture and shape memory, giving you soft, shiny hair that lasts for days. A must-have before any style – here are some of our favorites.
Loose Curls that Last:
1. Prep damp hair with Hydra Source Blow Dry Shaping Lotion for heat protection, moisture, and shape memory. Rough dry, layering more product if needed for dryer or thicker hair types.
2. Once dry, section hair for curling. For a more defined curl, lightly spray Thermal Active Spray onto the hair wrapped around the iron as you curl each piece. The extra heat will help lock curls in place. When you release the curl, use your hands to pancake the curl in its spiral and let it cool. This will lock it in even further and keep the curls shape.
3. Pro tip: add longevity and variation to your curls by pinning a few random curls. Use pin curl clips to keep them in a tight spiral while you work through your sections – this will help to keep curls defined and last longer.
4. Once you’ve completed curling – remove any clips and use wide tooth comb to brush through. Immediately use a working hairspray like Complete Control for flexible hold.
Glossy Silk Press:
1. Always start with clean, freshly washed hair. Double-cleanse with Biolage Clean Reset shampoo to gently clarify hair and scalp. Then go in with rich conditioner, Ultra Hydra Source Conditioning Balm, or if deeper nourishment is needed, use Ultra Hydra Source Deep Treatment Pack and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
2. Towel-dry damp hair and generously layer Hydra Source Blow Dry Shaping Lotion in sections for heat protection and moisture. If hair is very dry, cocktail Lotion with Ultra Hydra Source Leave-In Cream for intense hydration.
3. In sections, stretch hair under as much tension as possible using a blow dryer with concentrator nozzle and a paddle brush.
4. Once fully dry, section and layer on All-In-One oil for added protection, shine, and moisture. Follow with a flat iron and chase with a comb to smooth the strands before they are flat ironed.
5. Leave straight and smooth or add some waves for an embellished look.
Big Bouncy Blowout:
1.Prep damp hair by applying Hydra Source Blow Dry Shaping Lotion in sections for heat protection, moisture, and shape memory that will help give your blowout its bounce.
2. For added lift and volume, layer on Whipped Volume Mousse.
3. Once hair is 70% dry (rough dry first if needed) section hair and start to blow out hair with a round brush to create a base for barrel curls. Pro tip: Start with the front pieces that tend to dry first, and then go back from the bottom layer up.
4. Once each section is dry, use your fingers to create large barrel curls and clip in place to cool.
5. Let curls cool for at least 5 min then spray Complete Control Hairspray on curls before removing clips to help lock in place.
6. Remove clips and use a large wide tooth comb or natural bristle brush to smooth the curls and place where you want them.